Happy Easter! Adam finally flies home tonight from Honduras, so I’ll be glad to have some company again (although Macy is a great side kick, I must say).
- 1 serving organic whole grain oats
- whole raw almonds (small handful)
- 1 scoop protein powder
- 1 tsp organic ground flaxseed
- 1 dash cinnamon
- 1 tbsp nut butter (I love the Adams natural brand)
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- sliced fresh fruit of choice
- Mix almonds, protein powder, flaxseed, cinnamon, and almond milk into dry oats.
- Add your blob of nut butter.
- Microwave for 1 minute 15 seconds. (Note: The above steps can be done on the stove top as well, which I really like when I have more time)
- Remove and stir thoroughly, mixing peanut butter throughout.
- Add fruit and enjoy.
I played barrista today and made a cafe misto on the espresso machine to accompany my easy, albeit delicious breakfast.
|Still brown and muddy!|
On the docket for this afternoon/evening: the gym, marking lab reports, and some phone dates with a few of my long distance besties.