I’m so grateful for the sunshine and warm temperatures this weekend; it’s been a long time coming!
Super simple breakfast today:
Oats (w/ 1/2 scoop of protein, dash of cinnamon, flax seeds cooked in), organic apple, topped with yogurt. Mix it all together and voila. I also had some hard-boiled eggs on the side.
This may or may not have happened as well…
Speaking of yogurt, I find myself consistently purchasing Astro Original. I couldn’t care less about fat free yogurt. This stuff is the bomb. It’s also 100% man friendly- according to the Mr. himself.
The rest of the morning included some baby shower shopping for one of my best girl friends who is due in June. Robyn- if I was rich, your little fashionista would have been getting these beauties…sooo cute.
Tonight marked our first outdoor dinner of the year! So exciting. The smell of BBQs was wafting throughout the neighbourhood air, so I definitely wanted a dinner from the grill.
|Grilled Portobello Mushroom and Veggie Burger|
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/8 tsp minced garlic
- 1/8 tsp chili powder
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- Mix together and marinate mushrooms (top down in bowl). Double/triple the mixture size for any more than 2 mushrooms, or for extra saturation.
- Put on plate and add 1 tbsp more olive oil to the top of each
- Grill on BBQ (medium heat) for about 15 minutes
- Cook veggie burgers on low heat for 10 minutes
Sauce for one burger- I used 1 tsp of light mayo with 4-5 drops of hot sauce (adds a little kick).
Buns- I used WW Multigrain Flat Rolls.
Greens w/ feta and veggies of choice!
|Can I have some?|
Off to take the little fluff for a walk and then mark some math tests until bed. Up bright and early for a 45 minute cardio gym session tomorrow morning!