I have been having the wildest/weirdest/most vivid dreams lately… I will share the last 3 nights. Don’t judge.
1) My friend Martha and I were being sought by the FBI for trying to smuggle illegal immigrants across the Mexico/US border. We thought we were safe, but then remembered that we’d given them our clothing, a collection of sports bras, and a crate of peanut butter. Surely it would be traced right back to us…
2) I decided to buy a cat, and woke up in the middle of the night to find him unconscious. I thought we’d lost him, but after completing a round of CPR, I was able to dislodge a giant rhubarb stalk out of his throat. All better!
3) Last night I had a dream I gave up teaching and my fitness pursuits in order to start up my own chocolate bar business on eBay. It was very unsuccessful and all I ended up doing was eating every ounce of the chocolate on my own.
What does all of this mean? hahah
Obviously I woke up this morning with a serious desire for chocolate. So, I only did what any reasonable person would do:
Brown sugar OUT, Nutella IN!
1 tbsp of Nutella has approximately 100 calories, whereas 1 tbsp of brown sugar only has 50. Whatev.
Here’s what went into today’s oatmeal concoction:
– 1 serving quick oats
– 1 cup walnuts
– 1 tbsp chia seeds
– 1 tbsp flax seeds
– 1 tbsp whey protein (not flavoured)
-splash of milk
– topped with 1 cut up banana
– 1 tbsp Nutella
I let this digest for about an hour and a half, and then went off to RIP class.
I did some grocery shopping and took it easy for most of the afternoon. My leg muscles have been aching so badly; I just want it to stop. I had a massage last night, which helped my back, but the ‘ol pegs are definitely still suffering. I spent some with my legs in our freezing pool (which I am sure will be lovely in a few week’s time when it’s sweltering). I felt like I was back in the university physiotherapy room in the ice bath, which we used after soccer practices and games for injuries! Definitely helped, at least for a little while.
For dinner, I made a random “healthy tuna casserole” recipe I found online:
It wasn’t too shabby! I followed it fairly accurately, which I rarely do when cooking. I typically only follow directions to a tee while baking. To be honest, I probably would have liked it even more with further modifications. I added zucchini and used an organic spice mix instead of Mrs. Dash. I would make it again, but with less mayo and a only 3/4 c milk. Plus, I had to take it out of the oven earlier than the recipe calls for…
Otherwise, it was a good dinner and will be a great lunch tomorrow.
I am off to do some laundry and bathroom cleaning, which was supposed to be done this afternoon but I just wasn’t up for it. Ahhh, but when are you ever up for it, though?
Sayonara from my little pal, who keeps showing up at my computer window every night!
Side note: I’m so sad…I lost pretty much ALL of my reader comments from the past 5 months. I deleted the terrible commenting system that I previously had (which wasn’t working very well) and will be revamping a few things on the blog in the next couple of weeks. It should be easier to comment now (and will continue to improve), but if you are looking for your past posts, they have seemingly disappeared Looking forward to getting all of my formatting issues figured out soon! xxo