Finally!!! We have an internet connection again, which means I am back in action. Sorry for the lack of posts last week. I just couldn’t bear going to the library every single day, and coffee shops in this city are not wifi friendly like they are back in Canada and the States.
Random Thoughts/Observations As Of Late:
1) We don’t realize how crucial technology is, or what a big part of our life it has become, until it falters. Not going to lie, I displayed several of these embarrassing behaviours last week.
2) Halloween is not up to par here in Australia. First of all, I was saddened by the lack of festive spirit in the grocery store:
That’s all she wrote: a pumpkin bin the size of my sock drawer!
Some kids dress up and go trick-or-treating (mostly at the local restaurants and stores). We had a grand total of zero!!!
Halloween has always been one of my favourite occasions. My friends and I have had so much fun in past years dressing up and being ridiculous- a nice break from the everyday grind. Adults don’t seem to share the same enthusiasm here in Brisbane. My favourite costume was two years ago; Adam and I dressed up as Canadian TV legends Hal Johnson & Joanne McLeod from everybody’s favourite 90s Body Break commercials.
3) Etsy and Ebay!!! “Online window shopping” has become my favourite
past time. I’m still pretty easy on the purchase
button, but did collect a few items last week including this mobile for our nursery from ButterflyOrbs
Can’t wait until it arrives (I should probably buy some furniture at some point, shouldn’t I??)! This seemed more fun.
4) The “Legs Up The Wall” yoga pose has made my life complete. I’d never done it before prenatal yoga, but it can totally be used in any yoga session (or at home). We do it at the end of each class as a relaxation method, instead of the traditional savasana (laying on your back). I’ve been waking up in the middle of the night with terrible aches in my calves and hamstrings lately, and I find this pose is helpful for relaxing the muscles and reducing inflammation.
5) Protein shakes are my recent afternoon go-to snack. I’ve made this one almost every day over the past week. Easy!
Berry & Yogurt Protein Smoothie
- Natural whey protein isolate (1 serving)- be cautious of the brand you use
- 2 cups of frozen berries
- 1 cup yogurt (strawberry or vanilla)
- 1.5 cups 2% organic milk (or enough for desired consistency)
- 1.5 tsp raw sugar (only if your protein powered isn’t flavoured)
Well, that’s probably enough randomness for one day. I’ll be back tomorrow with a What’s In My Cart? November edition!