It’s been a long week. Probably the most “homesickness for Canada” that I’ve felt since moving to Brisbane, which was bound to happen at some point. Maybe it’s the proximity to the holidays, maybe it’s my growing belly/hormones…I don’t know.
I’ve received some really great emails, as well as some FaceTime sessions and phone calls with several special people this week and last; it’s helped so much. Thanks guys…you know who you are
…and isn’t that the truth!!
But alas, it is Friday. The weather looks promising for the weekend, and Adam isn’t working, so I’m planning to shake off the past week and move on!
I’m taking the day off the gym. Time out necessary. Instead, I made this:
Berry & Honey Protein Smoothie
|1.5 cups frozen berries
1 serving natural whey isolate protein powder (plain)
1 serving vanilla yogurt
1 tbsp chia seeds
1 cup milk
Honey to taste/sweeten
Chocolate Chip & Raisin Oatmeal Muffins
*makes 12 muffins
- Quick Oats- 1 1/4 cups
- Whole Wheat Flour- 1 1/4 cups
- Egg- 1
- Milk- 1 1/4
- Brown Sugar- 1/2 cup (+ a little bit extra)
- Dark Chocolate Chips- 3/4 cup
- Raisins- 1/2 cup
- Sliced Almond Pieces- 1/2 cup
- Vegetable Oil- 1/2 cup
- Baking Powder- 4 tsp
- Salt- 1 tsp
1. Preheat oven to 210ºF.
2. Combine the milk and oats in a medium sized bowl and let sit for 10 minutes.
3. In a separate bowl, combine egg, brown sugar, chocolate chips, raisins, almonds, and oil. Add to milk/oats mixture.
4. In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir in the oatmeal mixture.
5. Fill a greased muffin tin.
6. Sprinkle the tops with extra brown sugar.
7. Bake for 20-25 minutes, depending on oven.
Saw this today on Facebook. Ummm…which one makes you feel the oldest? I can’t believe Full House has been over for 16 years!
Oh, and speaking of getting older…Happy Birthday to one of my best girlfriends, Jocelyn! It’s a big one, and I hope you are celebrating over a glass (or several) of champagne. xxo