So of course, we continue to struggle with our internet provider over here. Over the past few days, we have had a connection for about 10 minutes and then…BAM…nothing. I’m at the point where all I can do is laugh (as I type this blog post in Microsoft Word, hoping that when I attempt to paste it into Blogger, our internet can hang on for the journey).
This explains my lack of posting yesterday. Sorry, guys! The technician will be making his rounds this weekend (apparently it takes 5 days!!! to even get an appointment). If things aren’t resolved, then we’ll definitely be changing providers, as I’ve had enough of this ridiculousness. Honestly! You’d think we were living in the Outback. Or a lean-to in a deep forest somewhere.
On a more fun note, I saw our little Bubs (Australian word for “baby”, which has transpired into his permanent nickname) via ultrasound today and he was looking pretty full of life, big chubby cheeks and all
Speaking of pregnancy, I’ve been feeling a little light headed during workouts lately, mostly due to relatively low blood pressure, so I’ve been trying to take it a little slower. However, RIP class was awesome as usual this morning and I powered through, anyway.
The “most fun” move of the class was an alternating scaption exercise during the shoulder segment. The shoulder track was “Party Rock Anthem”, and the “everyday I’m shufflin’…” part incorporates this hilarious (albeit muscle burning) move that basically mimics the LMFAO Shufflin’ (Charleston) Dance:
Regular Shoulder Scaption:
Last Night = Pizza Night!
I love homemade pizza. It’s nice knowing what is actually going into your creation and not ending up eating a pile of grease.
Adam found these macadamia nut chicken sausages on the weekend at a market, which we BBQ’d. Apparently they were the “East Brisbane Sausage Fest Winners” last year. Hahaha… No comment.
It made for a good weekend barbecue dinner (I somehow deleted the photo off of my camera…oops), but there were plenty of leftovers, which we froze. So, I turned it into some pizza last night! This could be made with any chicken/turkey/veggie (or even regular) sausage. We don’t really eat red meat around here, so the chicken sausages were a hit!
- · Chicken Sausages- 2-3 cooked, sliced
- · Whole Grain Thin Pizza Crust
- · Tomato Sauce- 5 tbsp (opt for reduced sodium and zero additives)
- · Olive Oil- 1 tsp
- · Garlic Cloves- 2, minced
- · Spinach- ½ cup, cooked
- · Mushrooms- 1 ½ cups, sliced
- · Sundried Tomatoes- ½ cup, sliced
- · Mozzarella- grated, I didn’t measure!!! Oops!
- · Another cheese (I used Colby)- grated, just a little bit, which I didn’t measure either!
- · Parmesan cheese (light dusting for top)
1. Preheat oven to 170ºC.
2. Drizzle/spread olive oil and garlic over the entire crust.
3. Spread tomato sauce over entire crust.
4. Sprinkle very small amount of Colby cheese over tomato sauce.
5. Arrange slices of sausage, spinach, mushrooms and sundried tomatoes around entire area of pizza crust.
6. Cover with mozzarella.
7. Sprinkle with parmesan.
8. Bake for 10-13 minutes, depending on your oven!
I actually doubled this, as we had enough for two pizzas. So, you can bet what’s on tonight’s menu (which means I am also off kitchen duty…yay!).
Off to eat and then study about the shoulder girdle/joints….hopefully I didn’t throw them out earlier doing the shuffle 😉