Yes, I realize that I’ve fallen off the blogging train this week. Last Thursday, I was put on “modified bed rest” by my doctor. Needless to say, this is my current state:
Modified Bed Rest
– No exercising (including swimming)
– No standing for long periods of time
– No walks or shopping
– Limited use of staircases
– Limited household chores (I’m obviously okay with this one)
I know that it could be much worse than this. Apparently 1 in 5 women are put on some kind of bed rest during the course of their pregnancy. I am just grateful at this point that I’m still able to move around the house, not confined to a bed. Also, I get to have my situation/status reevaluated on January 7th, so I am hopeful to receive the ‘okay’ to resume normal life. It’s difficult going from moderate daily exercise to nothing; I’m feeling so lethargic! I’ve definitely contemplated climbing a eucalyptus tree to join the koalas, as that is probably where I’d fit in well right about now.
What I’ve Been Doing To Pass The Time:
1. Eating. Obvs.
2. Responding to emails, messages, etc.
3. Sleeping and napping. Quite possibly my favourite.
4. Sweating to death. It’s hot and humid here.
5. Online shopping/browsing (still a bunch of baby items I need).
6. Feeling sorry for myself, then feeling bad about for feeling sorry for myself! It could be worse, Kelly.
8. Staring at the wall.
9. Hanging out with my brother-in-law and inlaws (wish I could be more lively with them visiting).
10. Luckily I was still able to join Adam and Colin for a weekend trip down the coast to Coolangatta. My doctor said, “No walks on the beach, either!!!” So, I parked myself under an umbrella for most of the weekend and did lots of people watching and staring at the ocean (which is much nicer than staring at the wall).
|Coolangatta Beach, Gold Coast (Surfer’s Paradise in background)|
We met up with one of Adam’s coworkers who was also on the Gold Coast visiting her mother. I had to take a photo of the most adorable baby gift of life that she gave to us:
|Baby Burberry Zip-Up
11. Pinterest’ing. However, everything I seem to pin is either 1) clothing meant for -20º North American winter weather or 2) clothing that I couldn’t fit into if I tried right now. Still fun to browse, nonetheless!
Today’s Fave Pinned Cold-Weather Outfit:
Fave Summer Item Pinned Today (Beach Cover Up)
I’m currently on the hunt for a few here in Oz. This one is Missoni ($$$), so not something I’d ever purchase- but the right idea!