We had our friends Karen and Aaron over for dinner last evening. It’s always nice to have something a little more presentable for dessert when visitors are here, rather than my typical Lindt chocolate post-dinner indulgence. It’s been so hot in Brisbane lately and being 35 weeks pregnant doesn’t make slaving in the kitchen much fun. Brownies? Cake? Wasn’t feeling it… Fruit salad? Getting closer…
I ended up deciding on chocolate dipped fruit- quick, simple, delicious, great for all seasons.
Chocolate Dipped Strawberries
What You’ll Need:
Dark or Semi-Sweet Melting Chocolate
White Writing Chocolate/Icing
What to Do:
1. Wash and completely dry off your strawberries. Don’t dip them while they’re still damp.
2. Microwave chocolate pieces in 30 second intervals (stir each time in-between) until totally melted. If you microwave it for too long, it will burn/become chunky and won’t coat smoothly onto your strawberries.
3. Cover a plate with wax paper. Dip individual strawberries until completely coated and set onto the paper.
5. Put your plate of strawberries in the fridge for 20 minutes or so.
6. Remove, grab writing chocolate/icing and design your heart out.
6. Put the strawberries back into the fridge until the consistency of the chocolate is firm (no longer has a ‘glazed’ appearance).
7. Remove and enjoy! They’ll lift easily off the wax paper now, so you can put them on a serving plate for a nicer presentation. Betcha can’t eat just one (I sure can’t).
Adam thought he’d grab some blueberries and participate in the chocolate dipping fun as well! We definitely had a good laugh
At least they still tasted good!
Hope you are all having a great weekend!