We had a pretty relaxing weekend around here. I made it to the gym and did a 40-minute treadmill run, something which hasn’t happened since very early in my pregnancy! We also went to a small market in our suburb.
I was hoping to stock up on some locally grown produce, but there wasn’t really much to choose from. Mostly just hot foods and handcrafted gifts. All I walked away with was this bag of New South Wales-grown fugi apples (I should have bought two, as they are delicious).
So, what do you do with a pile of apples? Do some baking!
Apple-Cinnamon Oatmeal Muffins
– Rolled Oats- 1 cup
– Whole Wheat Flour (self rising)- 1.5 cups
– Baking Soda- 1.5 tsp
– Baking Powder- 1 tsp
– Crushed Walnuts- 1 cup
– Salt- 1/4 tsp
– Brown Sugar- 1/3 cup
– Chia Seeds- 1/8 cup
– Small Egg- 2
– Honey- 2 tbsp
– Milk- 1/4 cup
– Vanilla Yogurt- 1/2 cup
– Apples- 2 medium, peeled, grated (wait to do this)
*For added moisture, you could use an extra 1/4 cup apple sauce!
1. Preheat Oven to 180ºC.
2. Combine all dry ingredients in large mixing bowl.
3. Whisk eggs in a smaller bowl. Add/combine honey.
4. Peel & grate apples. Grate one apple with medium sized holes, and the other with the longer hole grates (i.e.: both surfaces in below photo).
5. Thoroughly combine wet mixture into dry mixture.
6. Add yogurt, milk, and apples. Combine well.
7. Spoon mix into a well greased muffin tin, or large paper liners.
8. Sprinkle the top of each with a little bit of brown sugar (optional).
9. Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until tooth pick comes out clean.
I was worried these muffins would be a little dry without any butter or oil (I was trying to go as healthy as possible here), but the apples and yogurt really helped to moisten them up!
This weekend, Bubs also was the recipient of two onesies, courtesy of his Uncle Blair. His girlfriend Hilary and her sister Louanna are the talented owners and designers over at Dreamboat Lucy. Right now, I am loving this S/S bombshell bomber jacket and several pieces of sea glass and abalone shell jewelry:
I can’t believe my little dreamboat is two months old already! Thanks, DBL