1. My iPhone case has officially perished. My sister from another mister, Martha, recommended Society 6. She always has the best cases, so I decided to follow her lead. The product designs (cases, cards, shirts, etc) are all taken from hundreds of thousands of artists/artwork from around the world. It was very difficult to choose just one. So, I obviously bought two. I could have ordered 10, but decided that would be slightly unnecessary. 😉
2. Favourite snack of the week (ate this 3 times):
Plain Greek Yogurt (1 tbsp)
3. It seems like everything I want to make lately requires a food processor. I had one back in Calgary, but it didn’t make the voyage overseas with us. I want to invest in a high quality one, but the voltage is different in Australia than in Canada & the States, so when we have to leave, it wouldn’t be of any use to me anymore. I picked up a small one today for $25 and figure that should suffice for my present purposes (eg: making my own Larabars).
4. How awesome is this?
My brother’s lovely girlfriend took these photos (thanks, Erica!!) in Ottawa yesterday while at ‘Yoga on the Hill’. Lululemon puts on a free yoga class on Wednesdays on Parliament Hill. I just think the concept and whole atmosphere looks amazing. It’s definitely something I would love to do if I lived in Canada’s capital. Someone needs to get Stephen Harper out there doing a downward dog or two.
5. Has anyone else seen this?
I put this to my nose the other day and was caught off-guard by an overwhelming smell, reminiscent of Vicks vapour rub. I suppose I should have taken notice to the box description, but who reads the label of Kleenex boxes, anyway? I’m not entirely sure how I feel about taking a whiff of eucalyptus every time my nose is runny. Weird.
6. Two new foodie purchases this week:
7. I have a serious case of Mummy Brain. It’s bad. I know that Baby Brain is typical for pregnant women, but I didn’t really suffer from the absentminded ridiculousness until lately. A few dumb moments from the past week:
- I was half way through typing a text message to a friend when I realized I was writing it within the Google Search box. Yeah. I know..
- As I released a letter into the mailbox, I realized that I’d placed the stamp on the wrong side of the envelope (left hand corner). Oopsie. Hope that card makes it to Canada…
- I actually forgot the word ‘asparagus’. For the life of me, I couldn’t remember what it was called, despite the fact that I eat it every other week. Behold Monday’s grocery list:
Sadly, the stupidity list is much lengthier, but some are just too embarrassing to publicly share.
Since beginning baby boot camp, I have been feeling so much better, despite my very sore muscles. It feels amazing to be back into somewhat of a fitness routine again.
That’s all for today, friends. The weekend is almost here; hang in there