My posts have been somewhat thematic over the past few months, as opposed to merely glimpsing at a day in the life of Kelly. Although I do prefer things that way, sometimes it’s nice not to worry about phrasing myself correctly, rambling, or getting too opinionated about various topics. Sometimes it IS nice just to say, “Hey! I’m alive. Here’s what I ate. Here’s what I did.”
So, that’s what today’s post will consist of. I decided to tie it in with Amanda’s link up, “Thinking Out Loud”. Amanda writes Running With Spoons, and I have always enjoyed her writing style, outlook on life, and the fact that she’s Albertan might be the icing on the cake. Her Thinking Out Loud posts are structured similarly to my Over Coffee ramblings, and always entertain me!
So what am I thinking about today?
1. I’m thinking that this is the first day in awhile that it’s rained consistently from morning ’til night. It’s been so hot in many parts of Australia lately, Brisbane included (umm…anyone see the ball boys and refs passing out from heat stroke at the Australian Open this week?). Although today is still humid, it’s much cooler than it’s been the past two weeks, which is a welcomed change.
2. I’m thinking that the “easy” workout I planned for the gym yesterday was much more beneficial than I thought it would be. I just wanted something quick and simple after 30 minutes of cardio, and I’m actually feeling it today. I just made sure that the weights I chose were a little heavier than usual. Basic doesn’t have to equate to easy!
3. I’m thinking that my Mom Brain is out of control. I thought this ridiculousness was supposed to subside over time!
Oh, just jotting down our dates for New Zealand so that I could draw up a quick hotel booking itinerary. Apparently there’s a new day of the week this year…
4. I’m thinking that NZ is going to be a very interesting adventure with a baby. Travelling with kids definitely limits your activities. As much fun as full day wine tours, craft beer markets, and glacier helicopter rides sound, I’m definitely going to have to look beyond this book for other, kid-friendly plans.
5. I’m thinking that one really cool thing about blogging is some of the food products that get sent your way. Like this package that arrived today from Amazonia. I recently saw the protein in a health food store and at my favourite smoothie bar, so I’m pumped to try it out. I keep hearing wonderful things!
And this Jalna yogurt we tested out last week!
The Jalna Citrus is awesome, as it’s more tarte rather than overpoweringly sweet taste like some other flavoured yogurts. Plus, the container is pretty much unbreakable, which makes it super convenient for packing in lunches. I liked it so much that I picked up the Strawberry one as well. Kind of reminded me of strawberry cheese cake. Mmmm. Cake.
Although I am more of a fruit/coconut flavoured yogurt eater, I actually really liked the original plain yogurt mixed with fruit and in smoothies. It’s nice and thick, so it also works well as a substitute for things like sour cream.
As much as I liked the natural Jalna, I think Thomas much prefers his all natural vanilla yogurt (he takes one look at the tub and immediately says, “Mmmmmm!”). Here, he demonstrates his feelings towards the flavourless variety. The vid won’t upload for some reason, but you can check it out on Instagram 😉
I can’t speak for him, but I’m fairly confident in saying that this wasn’t a winner for the lil’ guy.
6. I’m thinking that a great part about my days ‘at home’ this year with Thomas has been the flexibility to make food and lunches as I please; food prepping isn’t necessary. Good thing, because I’m not a fan of food prep. Although I do like to plan my meals (especially dinner) in advance, I’m not one for baking chicken, boiling eggs, and cutting veggies days in advance. And sometimes, it’s nice to just wing it. Like today’s snack plate:
7. I’m (still) thinking about the salad I made for dinner last night! I used this recipe from Ambitious Kitchen, but I decided to add some organic ground chicken for protein. I actually ‘pinned’ this months (and months and months) ago, and finally got around to making it. Win!
8. I’m thinking that I really need to make a physio appointment. Or a massage appointment. Or both. I tweaked my back over a month ago practicing tuck jumps in bare feet -DUMB!- and it’s still not better. I mean, it’s better than it was (I couldn’t even roll over for awhile), but I hate that it is still lingering. I always procrastinate so badly with booking appointments until I’m finally in dire need. Anyone else like this?9. I’m thinking that yesterday was my best friend’s birthday, so she obviously requires a blog shout out. Love you, Mar!
10. I’m thinking TGTF. It’s a long weekend here: Australia Day, which is seemingly Oz’s biggest holiday of the year. Many Aussies we know get more excited about it than Christmas and New Years combined. We don’t have any major plans besides a BBQ with friends on Sunday. I am also supposed to wear an “Australian outfit” for Saturday’s Body Attack class, but I don’t have anything patriotic! I found a couple of flag tattoos, but I’m pretty sure that’s not going to cut it. My group fitness director said she had a cape for me…hahaha! A cape. That will be interesting.
10. I’m thinking that speaking of Body Attack, I have to get up early (4:30am, baby) to teach a 5:30am class, so I’d better call it a Thursday. Thanks for thinking out loud with me today!
Back this weekend with a fitness inspired giveaway for all you Australians out there. It’s a good one, so be sure to check back verrrrry soon!