20 Things You Didn’t Know About Me: Vol. 1

Oh, why hello there!

You’re going to have to start calling me Houdini. Listen. I know. Sometimes I am all over this blogging thing, and other days/weeks I just have to throw in the towel. I have plenty of excuses for not writing consistently, but this week, sleep has trumped computer time.

I have several half-written and drafted posts just waiting to be cared for, but after finishing a late night workout, I just want to write unrestrictedly before I hit the hay for the evening. So, I thought I’d whip up my first ever “20 Things You {Probably} Didn’t Know About Me” post (unless your name is Adam, Mom, Dad, or Martha).

photo-9

1. I was always one of (if not THE) shortest person in my class until the 10th grade. I am the epitome of “late bloomer”.

2. I have several irrational fears including: the dark, heights {when not enclosed}, cockroaches,ghosts, snakes, birds who get a little too close, and swimming in open water.

3. I am named after my mom’s side of the family {her maiden name is “Kelly”}.

4. I always put my left sock & running shoe on first.

5. I cry easily over happy moments, and used to shed a tear at least once every Oprah episode!

6. My all time favourite movie is The Sound of Music. I have seen it more than any other film, and it’s the only DVD I actually packed and brought with me to Australia.

7. Although I try to go to sleep at a reasonable hour, I have the greatest amount of energy at night. I am completely useless around 3pm, and always have been. I purposely did not schedule any university classes during that time, as I knew I wouldn’t be able to focus.

8. I can’t sleep without a blanket, and it needs to cover my feet!

9. I used to be incredibly shy as a child, and was oftentimes called out for being snobby. I just didn’t know what to say to strangers and other kids I didn’t know, and likely rubbed some people the wrong way. I am sure this probably still happens when I am caught in situation of uncertainty.

10. I once got stuck inside a winter ski coat, zipped up over my head, in the middle of a pub. My friends couldn’t get me out and the bouncer had to rescue me.

11. My favourite food was HOT DOGS until I was a teenager. True story.

12. I was once in our church AND school choir…however, I’m a terrible singer!

13. I’ve never smoked…anything.

14. My first job was as a cashier at a grocery store in high school. I used to wake up in the middle of the night, sitting up, scanning items in my sleep.

15. If I could befriend any celebrity, it would be Kate Middleton. I have a soft spot for the Royals!

16. I took piano lessons for many years and studied under the Royal Conservatory of Music.

17. Without my contacts or glasses, I can’t see anything.

18. I hate raw onion.

19. I perform best under pressure and chaotic situations.

20. My best friend and I used to walk to the cinema in our university town, JUST to buy a bag of popcorn (each). Then we walked home. No movie viewing necessary.

Hope you enjoyed a glimpse into the randomness of ME. Don’t worry. There is plenty more which I have tucked away for another rainy day.

What is something not many people know about YOU!?

18 Thoughts on “20 Things You Didn’t Know About Me: Vol. 1

1. I love reading things like this to help get to know other bloggers.
    I have never smoked anything either… and I am pretty certain I never will. I always love finding others with this in common with me since I find it to be rare in our world today.

• Kelly @ Femme Fitale on March 18, 2014 at 9:16 pm said:

I’m certain I never will, either!! It just never appealed to me, and I never was confronted with peer pressure to do so either.

2. Love this! These posts are always so great because I enjoy getting to know the blogger behind the blog. I’m so afraid of birds too! I hate them! They’re okay from a distance, but that’s it!

• Kelly @ Femme Fitale on March 18, 2014 at 9:17 pm said:

Haha, I know. It’s like, “Aww, look at the beautiful….OHHH NO YOU DON’T. GET AWAY FROM MEEE!!” Yuck!

3. Martha on March 18, 2014 at 12:29 am said:

This post just made my morning… I am having flashbacks to many of our hilarious adventures :)

miss ya sista! xo

4. People always call me out for being shy too or “stuck up” but really I just don’t feel the need to speak out everything that comes in my head. I like to mull things over before giving my opinion or starting a conversation!

• Kelly @ Femme Fitale on March 18, 2014 at 9:18 pm said:

Same, Rebecca!!! Sometimes it takes me a little while to evaluate everything as well before knowing how to approach it.

5. I used to be very, very shy too. I was shy to the point where I wouldn’t even be able to talk to people who would directly ask me a question. Since then, I’ve definitely grown out of that but when I get around new groups of people it still takes me a little while to warm up and speak.

• Kelly @ Femme Fitale on March 18, 2014 at 9:20 pm said:

Life experiences definitely help us out of those shells, thank goodness!! Somehow I became a teacher and fitness instructor, so good thing it wasn’t forever :)
      But I’m with you….definitely takes me a little longer to warm up!

6. I’m terrified of birds too – and I have to put my left shoe/sock on first as well hahaha.

One thing that most people don’t know about me is that I’m a trained singer BUT way too shy to actually sing in front of anyone anymore ;P

• Kelly @ Femme Fitale on March 18, 2014 at 9:21 pm said:

We should enter you for The Voice AU! ;)

It’s funny how when we don’t do something for awhile, we shy away from it. I bet you’re fantastic!

7. Great post and have been enjoying your blog!
    These sorts of posts are good for getting to know the person behind the blog better. I hate raw onion too (yuck!). I liked your last point about going to the cinema just to buy popcorn but not seeing a movie. I’ve always wanted to do that!

• Kelly @ Femme Fitale on March 18, 2014 at 9:22 pm said:

Thanks, Lauren!! Luckily the cinemas were in walking distance to our university dorm. We definitely laugh now about our popcorn adventures, but at the time, it seemed like a perfectly normal thing to do! hahah

8. I loved this post! #20 made me laugh. It also made me crave movie popcorn. Yummmmm.

9. This was such a fun read Kelly! What a cutie pie in your canada hat! I was in school and church choir too, and I have in idea why because my voice could break glass…ugh! Sound of music is one of my faves too. Did you see the live performance with Carrie Underwood on TV?

10. Once we get out of chinese culture a sports-related injury, surgery and medicines?

Instead, it won’t hurt you as a natural way. In closing, remember to drink plenty of other clients who chinese culture have used
    it long enough to describe a phenomenon.