Lavender – a nature’s gift for good health
Lavender is a flowering plant belongs to the mint family. It is mainly distributed across Africa, the Mediterranean, South-West Asia, Arabia, Western Iran, and South-East India. Lavender oil is extracted from it lavender flowers. Lavender oil is considered the most useful and versatile of the essential oils.
- Its smell is very refreshing and it helps in the calming nervous system, which is very good for disorders like depression, migraine, and insomnia.
- Add 5-6 drops of lavender oil or boil a handful of lavender flowers for 10 minutes and add to water before taking bath; it really helps in soothing mind and body.
- To further calm and relax your mind and body, sprinkle a few drops of lavender essence on the pillow – deep regular breaths of this aromatic induce sleep.
- Its sedative action can also help to lower blood pressure and counterbalance the agitation from nervous exhaustion.
- Digestive disorders associated with nervous or emotional problems are relieved – such as nausea, vomiting, and flatulence.
- It also encourages appetite.
- A few drops of lavender oil rubbed on temple will alleviate a nervous headache and mental depression.
- A few drops of the essence in a foot bath will help general fatigue.
- Externally, lavender oil can stimulate paralyzed limbs; mixed with the 3/4th spirit of turpentine it helps sprains and stiff joints.
- Lavender adds a floral and slightly sweet flavor to most dishes.
- Lavender flowers are also occasionally blended with black, green, or herbal tea, adding a fresh, relaxing scent and flavor. A tea brewed from a half-cupful of lavender flowers to a pint of boiling water can be sipped to relieve headaches due to tiredness.
Commercial preparations are made from dried flowers and essential oils of the lavender plant. These preparations are available in the following forms:
- Aromatherapy oil
- Bath Gels
- Whole, dried flowers
You can get dried lavender flowers from a few of the available suppliers; I know it’s not available very commonly in India but it’s not that hard to find. However, lavender oil can be easily found in most of the herbal and beauty stores. So next time when you visit nearby herbal or beauty store, ask for lavender essence or oil and try some of the above suggestions. It will really add some value and benefits to your health. Eat well and stay healthy & beautiful!!!
Hi my friend! I wish to say that this post is amazing, great written and include almnost all vitfal infos.
I would like to look extra posts like this .